The Academy of Music offers scholarship assistance for private lessons for fall and spring semesters. Each academic year, part of our budget is dedicated to scholarships. The Scholarship Committee is charged with allocating these funds in accordance with our mission. The committee is made up of board members, community volunteers, the Executive Director and other staff, and makes decisions in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Scholarships are primarily need-based, in fulfillment of our mission, and documentation of need must support the scholarship application.
- In order to encourage long-term study, the committee will first consider applications from existing scholarship students. Returning students submit a simplified application form for the forthcoming year.
- Scholarships are usually awarded at the beginning of the academic year for both semesters, with the second semester being dependent upon successful completion of the first. We expect scholarship students to study diligently, practice regularly, and represent AOM well to the community in all that they do, particularly by taking part in recitals and outreach programs.
- The committee has discretion to offer full or partial scholarships. Recipients of partial scholarships must keep their accounts current in accordance with AOM’s payment policy; otherwise the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Scholarship assistance is not available for summer programs.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: DOWNLOAD THE FORM
SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL APPLICATION: DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Our scholarship application deadline is July 15th.